The Society began in 1981 with the aim of encouraging and promoting the restoration and preservation of historic and veteran vehicles, stationary motors, steam engines and all types of historic machinery.
South Coast Restoration Society’s mission is to foster a desire in the local community to actively participate in the restoration and preservation of historic machinery and items of heritage interest at our Heritage Park ‘Living Museum’.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Integrity, Honesty and Transparency: Are the essence of all that we do.
- Respect for People: We treat all people with respect and value diversity.
- Accountability: Achieved by good governance and a high standard of business ethics.
- Reliability: Achieved by having Practices and Procedures to be effective in achieving consistent actions and outcomes.
- Excellence: In the development of our community and the professional development of our members.
- Safety and Well Being: We strive to create a safe work environment and place great value on health and safety for all members and the community.
By upholding these core values, we aim to preserve our historical / heritage items for all.
- Make South Coast Restoration Society (SCRS) a club that is nationally renowned for our ‘Living Museum’ at Heritage Park.
- Strategic plan with necessary aims and achievable goals.
- Providing a safe environment.
- Providing an environment for members from the wider community to meet and participate in social interaction through an interest in preserving historic items for future generation.
- Promoting equal opportunities for all age groups, gender and cultural backgrounds to participate in a variety of activities.
- To make available Heritage Park to other clubs on the Gold Coast to use on a regular basis for shows, open days etc.
Guanaba Country Music Club have their club house situated in the Park. Other clubs such as the Gold Coast Vee Dub Club, Kustoms Car Club, and the HQ Holden Club use the Park on regular occasions to raise funds for community donations.